吴莉莉姐妹的学习心得 A write up and reflection by Lily Ng
- 主耶稣的呼召“来跟从我”有 两个含义：1）是一个命令—是他的子民都应遵守的，没有选择的余地；2）是一个安慰—事奉的路不易走，主耶稣已经为我们经历了。我们还能不跟从他的脚踪吗？
- 无墙的教会—敬拜神不一定只局限在四面墙的教会里面，任何地方，任何时候都能敬拜赞美神。如果每个小教会都有无墙有机教会的基因 (DNA):属神真理；培育关系；使徒使命，他们都是走在对的方向里。
With a heart of curiosity, my husband, Ps. Andrew’s family and I represented HISTEAM to attend this conference. The theme was “Networking, Servicing, Innovation, Enlighten, Mobilization and Partnering”
Grass-root – always associated with poverty and vulnerability. Their population is about 75% of the average community. This is a huge people group who endure years of suffering. Most of the time, there have no way to go for help, this in turn become all kind of social problems, and they may be rejected by the society. In history, God had raised up many grass-root people to accomplish His works (12 disciples of Jesus are mostly from grass-ro ot community), it is the same for today. This conference had a slogan “Gain the grass-root, Win over the city”.
The following are lessons that I learned from this conference:
- If we do not depend on Holy Spirit to work among the grass-root community, we will fall into depression and disappointment.
- Jesus’ calling of “come and follow me” has two meanings:
1) It is a command – one that all His people must obey, we are not given a choice.
2) It is a consolation – serving among the grass root is not easy but Jesus has experienced it, so, we shall follow His path.
- Church without wall – Worshiping God is not limited to the four walls of Church, we can worship Him anywhere and anytime. If every small church has the DNA of Divine Truth; Nurturing Relationship and Apostolic Mission, they are in the right path.
- After few waves of evangelism, Satan had been forced into window 10/40, and made these lands become hard to the gospel. Are we ready to sacrifice our lives to spread the gospel and win over these souls, like those western missionaries, that sacrificed for Chinese and died in foreign lands.
- We need to be united in grass-root ministry by avoiding duplication, helping each other and practice referral. Thus, the setting of ministry network is very important.
Besides theme talks and seminars, the organizer also arranged field visits for every participant to churches and ministries that are serving among the grass-root community, so that we may understand more about the origin and operation of various ministries. What I’ve learned is just the tip of iceberg; we can only accomplish God’s work if we move when God move us, strive to realize. Lastly, hope that Jesus’s mission manifesto can become our mission declaration. Amen
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, Because he anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor: He hath sent me to proclaim release to the captives, And recovering of sight to the blind, To set at liberty them that are bruised. To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.